Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

GUEST BLOG: pm terrell

Photobucket



This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions. The author will be awarding a $25 Amazon GC to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour. Click on the tour banner above to see the other stops on the tour--remember the more you comment, the better your chances.

My Favorite Vacation Destination


I write my books while sitting at my office desk or in my living room and most of the time I am fine with that. The world seems to fade around me as the scenes I am writing become more vivid. Yet when I watched Love, Actually and I saw Colin Firth writing at the edge of a beautiful lake, something within me stirred.

My favorite vacation destination would be a simple cottage in a rural area of Ireland where I could write to my heart’s content. From the cottage windows or lawn, I could see the gently rolling green hills and the purple heads of lavender swaying to one side with the soft breeze. As I turn to face the other direction, the natural beauty of a pond greets me, the breeze skipping over the surface of the water like faeries dancing. The water reflects the blue skies above me as the clouds clear away from the mist that greets me each morning.

The mist is welcomed each morning like nature’s way of refreshing the endless variety of green grasses and trees; of watering the bounty of flowers that nod and greet me as I pass by. The mists clear the dust from the door and the cobwebs from my brain as I awaken to the wonder around me.

A meandering path barely wide enough for a car stretches off into the distance; a road that takes me to the nearest village when solitude is no longer needed. And on a lazy afternoon, I might wander into that village with its quaint shops, the pubs that smell of sweetbreads and rye, the sidewalk cafes that beckon me to sit and watch the leisurely pace of the residents.

This isn’t a tourist destination but a village tucked far away from the fast pace of ordinary life. It is a step back in time when life felt unhurried, when tasks at hand need not be rushed by the hands of the clock, where beauty is there to be admired and loved.

I return home for dinner; a dinner for two, of course, with sweet wine and sweeter lips… Candlelight, the warmth of a fireplace on a cool evening; and as a restful rain sets in, it’s the perfect time to curl up beneath scented sheets and to while away the evening in another’s arms.

Then tomorrow and each day of my vacation, I will perform exactly the same routine.

About the Author:
p.m.terrell is the award-winning, internationally acclaimed author of more than 16 books, including Vicki's Key, a 2012 International Book Awards finalist, and River Passage, 2010 Best Fiction & Drama winner. She is the co-founder of The Book 'Em Foundation whose slogan is "Buy a Book and Stop a Crook" and the co-chair of Book 'Em North Carolina Writers Conference & Book Fair. For more information, visit www.pmterrell.com.

Other places online to find the author:

www.pmterrell.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pmterrell
Facebook: Patricia M. Terrell


In Secrets of a Dangerous Woman, Dylan Maguire is back in his first assignment with the CIA: to interrogate recently captured Brenda Carnegie. But when she escapes again, it's obvious she's had help from within the CIA's own ranks. With Vicki Boyd's assistance, Brenda is back in Dylan's custody. And now he must find out why some in the highest levels of our government want her dead while others are willing to risk everything to help her. And when he discovers Brenda's real identity, his mission has just become very personal.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me today! I enjoyed answering your question about my favorite vacation spot - very different from most of my book tour questions. I'll be checking in throughout the day to answer any questions anyone might have for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vacation destination sounds wonderful.
    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Ingeborg! I know an author who actually does that... Well, I don't know about the evening activities! But definitely the cottage. I SO envy her!

      Delete
  3. This was a beautiful guest post! Really descriptive. I always wanted to visit Ireland. Why did you mention Colin Firth...*swoons*.

    chrysrawr@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that Ireland is magical and I am so excited to be writing my next book that is set there... Don't you just ADORE Colin Firth? I think he just gets better and better.

      Delete
    2. Same here. I want to see a leprechaun. Just kidding. And yes - he is like the most tasty wine! lol

      Delete
  4. I want a cottage like that. It sound absolutely perfect.

    Your story sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, MomJane! Yes, I want a cottage like that also! At least it's always there for me in my mind. :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds wonderful. Ireland is a beautiful place and the people are very welcoming as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to visit you in your cottage. I love Ireland. I have been there twice.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful vacation destination. Do you need someone to carry your bags?

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you described your ideal vacation, I really felt like I was there, I suppose that is why you are a writer =)

    fencingromein at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Ireland and have not been back since my father died.. you vacation sounds much like what I do when I am there...

    superauntkx9_(at)live(dot)ca

    ReplyDelete